Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thankful

On this Thanksgiving Day I have so much to be thankful for.

For a wonderful wife who loves me unconditionally.

For my four children, the first of which is with God in heaven, watching over us. I'm thankful that Dylan, Caitlyn, and Meghan are beautiful, happy, and healthy - so many are not.

For the wonderful family that I married into.

I am thankful that I have a beautiful, warm house to spend the winter in, and good food and drink for my family.

I am thankful for work that allows me to make a difference in so many lives.

For my family spread out all over Texas that I do not get to see often enough, my thoughts and prayers are always with them.

I'm thankful for the relationship I have with my father, after years of antipathy.

For the way our mountains glow a bright pink just as the sun goes down.

For the roses blooming in the middle of November and the bright yellow of Desert Marigolds along the roads.

For the birds and butterflies in the backyard that provide so much excitement for my children.

For an absolutely beautiful night sky strewn with stars.

And thank you to God, for allowing me to see and experience all of this, and for giving me a family I could never have dreamed of.

Happy Thanksgiving.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a lot to be thankful for and one of them is for a wonderful boss at work. Thank you Darren. Happy Thanksgiving.

Preeti

11/23/2006 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home