Saturday, November 18, 2006

Toots

Tonight, Melissa had nursed Meghan and got her to sleep. On the stereo, Michael Cards' Sleep Sound in Jesus was playing, and Dylan and Caitlyn were laying on their respective couches - Dylan on the "real" couch and Caitlyn on the love seat (yes, sometimes they go to sleep in the living room, then we move them, of course!). Caitlyn had fallen asleep and Dylan asked if I could lay down with him until he was asleep. By now, Melissa had gone to lay Meghan in her crib and was on the computer. "Sure, sweetie," I said, "just a minute."

So I laid down facing him on the couch and he wrapped his arm around mine, as he always does when we lay down together. I rested my hand on his hips, with my hand down behind his bottom, and soon I felt, as well as heard, a pppffuttttt on the palm of my hand.

Without laughing, in all seriousness, I opened my eyes, as did he, and asked my son, "Did you just toot on my hand?"

He looked at me, a bit sheepishly of course, then with a bit of a grin, "Uh huh."

I could tell that he was trying SO HARD not to crack up, so I said,with my best "stern father" voice, "Well don't do it again."

Yeah right! That lasted all of twenty seconds, then we both started cracking up!!!

After a couple of minutes we had calmed down, closed our eyes, and were ready to go to sleep again. After a few more minutes I opened my eyes and looked at him - and he was still grinning!!!

Little knucklehead - I sure do love that boy, and eagerly await my revenge!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger He who wears the most black wins. said...

Hilarious!

11/19/2006 7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA! Oh Dylan.

11/20/2006 5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must run in the family; I don't EVER remember you doing such a thing!

11/21/2006 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home