Friday, November 03, 2006

Another recipe

Here is another pork recipe, but a bit different this time.

When I made the pork loin for my mom and aunt, there were two small loins in the package so I froze one of them. I thawed it out a few days ago ( well, last Sunday) and wondered what to do with it. At church that morning, the Dominican Sisters were selling handmade asadero cheese - that was all the motivation I needed!!!!

Sunday evening, I took out the loin and cut half-inch medallions, then pounded then to about an eighth of an inch thick. I rolled a small bit (maybe a inch square piece) of the cheese in a mixture of fresh, chopped herbs, and rolled it up in the meat. I them wrapped these pieces in prosciutto. Then all I had to do was brown them well in a little olive oil and set aside to stay warm.

Of course I had to have a sauce, so I put about a cup of chardonney into the pan and scraped up the bits from the meat, added a little garlic and shallot, four deep red, juicy tomatos from a local garden, and a handful of freshly picked herbs. Bring it all to a boil and let the tomatoes completely cook until there are no more chunks.

Then strain the sauce through a fine colander or seive to remove the seeds, herb stems, etc., place into a sauce pan and bring to a boil again. Once the sauce is boiling, take it off the heat and stir in two tablespoons of butter, and place the loins back into the sauce for a few minutes.

Serve however you want, but we just dipped the pieces out of the pan, put a little sauce on them, and enjoyed. The prosciutto gives the meat a great flavor and the tanginess of the tomatoes in the sauce is wonderful.

Enjoy!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home