Sunday, October 15, 2006

Look Ma, No Shoes! (in the cactus patch!!!)

So here I am in my cactus garden, barefoot as usual - even in the middle of October. The temperature today was in the 70's after the previous nights (and mornings) rain. We had a lot of thunderstorms the last day or two so I took advantage of the wet soil to put in new cacti that I bought recently. A half-dozen parodia, 4 echinocereus, and 4 echinocactus. In the photo are several echinopsis that have been in the ground for four years, as well as various mammillaria, including about three elongata varieties. I have a couple of hundred cacti, over half are Echinocereus coccinae that I have rescued from "development" and really need new homes, as I'm in the process of re-doing the native landscape in the back. Even though I need to find the local plants homes, I continue to buy other plants when I can and "grow" the cactus garden.

Anyway, that's me, in the cactus garden with no shoes, as usual!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home