Monday, March 05, 2007

Wiggles

So we took the kids to see the Wiggles in Albuquerque. Melissa's blog about it is here. One thing in particular was pretty cool so I'll mention it here. During one of the songs Captain Feathersword (Paul Paddick) wandered through the crowd while the kids went nuts (of course!) I was standing with Meghan in the back of the auditorium when he came by. Meghan gave him a big wave, he grinned at her, gave me a quick little smile, then moved on. I was so close I could have snatched the hat from his head! The kids thought it was pretty neat!

So here are a few things I learned from this Wiggles concert:

In concert, Jeff does not do Henry's voice.

They actually play their instruments. I knew they actually recorded with them, but didn't know they played them live.

A lot of the "banter" between songs seems to be ad lib.

They repeatedly try to mess each other up during the routines and dances. When the "fish" came out, Anthony and the Captain kept trying to trip him up.

They actually do have a lot of fun on stage, and really give each other a hard time.

All in all, I enjoyed it as much as the kids, and their little comments and things said that adults will find amusing, just before they launch into songs like Hot Potato.

If you have kids who like the Wiggles and they are performing close to you - take the kids and go. You'll all have a good time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home